Links to Resources and Legal Information for Cyclists
The new Bike Map from the new bike friendly City of Boston. Exciting things are happening since Nicole Freeman has become Bike Czar. See for yourself -- just look at the 2008 Boston Bike Summary.
- Street Smarts: John Allen’s Street Smarts guide to riding safely in traffic.
- Our client, the Amsterdam Project, is now providing delivery services by bike using cargo bikes for delivery services. The goal is to reduce the use of fossil fuel and trike. Check them out at www.newamsterdamproject.com
In a lecture at Simon Fraser Universirty in Vancouver, John Pucher talks about making cycling possible for everyone through better transportation planning, on Bike Commute Tips Blog
- The Florida Highway Patrol, with Lauren Cooper of Cyclemedia in Charlottesville, Virginia, released a letter to drivers reminding them of their responsibility to pass cyclists safely, and to refrain from passing when it can’t be done safely. In Massachusetts, the laws regarding cycling are even less restrictive than in Florida, since we have no “cyclists ride as close to the right as practicable” requirement in this state. You can read the letter at Highway Patrol.
- This website has interesting information about bicycling, most notably bicycling facilities: http://www.bicyclinginfo.org/
- If you want to buy a bike, you might like exploring
FindMeABicycle.com The purpose of the web site is to assist both experienced and novice bicyclists as they plan their next bicycle purchase. There is nothing for sale on FindMeABicycle.com. Nor is there a fee to use the site. It is simply intended to be a free helpful service.
- For statistics on bicycle safety, see Riley Geary at the Institute for Traffic Safety Analysis
- Three Jason & Fischer cases are included in a website compilation of bicycle harassment cases.
See the articles on “Harassment in Boston,” “More MDC Mischief,&rdquo and “Criminal in Wilmington.&rdquo
- Other resources for cyclists
back to Bike Attorney